Friday, August 18, 2017

Lettered Olive

Today found us at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I actually got to stand close to Van Goghs Starry Night. It is much brighter than any photo I've seen!  Picasso's Three Musicians, Wyeth's Christina's world, Andy Warhol's Campbell soup cans, Henri Matisse's Dance I, Piet Mondrian's Broadway Boogie Woogie, as well as an exhibition of Frank Lloyd Wright. I chose not to take photos or selfies and just take in the breathtaking examples of beautiful art from artists I have heard about and taught from for years! I also saw a lot of questionably strange recycled modern art including a piece of paper that the artist had used a months worth of time and 40 erasers to remove his drawing. He then kept it for 2 years before someone bought it! (He's famous so I'm not mentioning a name. Not Warhol!)
Shaking.
My.
Head..........
Today's post is more my speed. This summer I was called a contemporary artist and it really sounded strange in reference to myself. I  love creating and hope no one ever does not relate or understand my life's work. I just know I need to connect my art to something people will relate to, like conservation.
I did learn one thing today, I  still don't understand the modern art movement.
Lettered Olive, Acrylic on canvas 6x6
Day 47 of the 100 days-100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment