Monday, October 1, 2018

Blue heron with Tude V


What a weekend!
It started out calmly enough, with set up for the Jubilee show on Friday. Saturday dawned bright and early for us as we took artworks to the booth along with my "maps" to help with the hanging. The map system has worked beautifully for us. I get the majority of my kinks out of my system so we are not on each others nerves while trying to hang multiple paintings. It enables me to visualize a show tent before we actually start to hang. I can move paintings around on paper, reworking them multiple times before making final decisions on what to hang where. It used to be me trying to figure it all out while Chris was eagerly asking what next. It gave me a headache, made us both irritable, and just generally started the show off wrong. The map system has eliminated all this by having a good idea of where the pieces hang before we get to the show venue. 
Unfortunately, sometimes I am a little too tight in my estimates and we have to adjust. 
Fortunately, I have a spouse that has learned my quirks and just do it the way I design. 
Chris made great fun about the maps at first, especially since I had taken two weeks to design the first one. I also promptly left it sitting on the dining room table 70 miles away!
Fortunately, I had played with it so much it was in my head.
He now makes sure the maps are with us when we go to shows.
I cut them out, put them on the proper walls.
It is so much easier for us both to unpack, lay out, and hang the shows using them!

Today was busy as well. We picked up a check from Big Fish Furniture in Foley for art they have sold. We also picked up a few pieces that have been at the store for a while. I feel so fortunate to have representation there. Chris also built my stretcher frames for the canvases painted while in India. It is definitely the way to go, flat canvases there, stretched canvases here in the USA. They are beautiful when stretched and I cannot wait to display them at shows! SO grateful for a spouse that can do woodworking!

We are still learning this show thing together. The big trick will be when we have to carry a show for him as well for his wood turning! We did use our new panel system this past weekend and it worked beautifully with a few hiccups. New velcro and I think all will be well at the Raccoon Retreat Studio!

Blue Heron with Tude V, Acrylic on canvas, 15x15
Day 92 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

1 comment: