Saturday, February 23, 2019

Heron III


A day of work completed makes me happy!
Today found me  in the studio as usual.
 I finished all the canvases I stretched the other day by putting hangers and wires on them.
I am starting to have the presence of a show in the studio here. I know shows are getting close when I start having problems finding places to put the finished pieces. 
A very good problem to have!

I had a fitting with a friend for her gown I gave her for her wedding here at the house.
I also took several pieces to the Artists gallery on South Section street this morning.  
I needed to add some works, take some away, and freshen up my area. I love that God sees fit to allow me to make money with something I love doing every day!
We are 2 weeks out from our first show at Orange Beach. 
3 weeks until Arts & Crafts here in Fairhope March 15th, 16th, and 17th.
Hard to believe that it's so close!
I am also designing and painting my Shrimp Festival poster 
for this year and am quite pleased so far. Fingers crossed on that one!

Chris is starting the fiberglass work for the little uhaul. 
I am so happy to see him happily creating and eager to get out into the studio each morning.
Somewhere in the middle of all this, I am measuring the camper for cushions and curtains. We've already purchased the fabric for the cushions, matching it to the seascape fabric I have on hand. The seascape fabric was purchased for our bedroom makeover about a year ago. Once I cut and make the coverlet and curtain toppers, I can use what is leftover for the camper project. I am looking forward to the completion of both!

Somewhere in there today I also painted this guy!
Things are happening here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio!

Heron III, Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 16
Day 79 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment