Sunday, September 8, 2019

Simple shrimp and painting knives


Today's little painting is about all I have in me this evening.
I'm going to get some rest, as I am back hard at it again tomorrow!
Simple shrimp on poured background.

Meanwhile, in the studio......
In a brush holder from the other artists studio I found numerous painting knives.
I use them when teaching acrylic classes as I loan them out to students.
I love bent handled knives as they keep your knuckles out of the 
paint when mixing or laying paint on the canvas.
However, these had seen much better days!

They were covered in acrylic paint.
When I used a razor to remove the paint, I found some of them damaged in that they were broken in spots.
Que the husband.
Can you straighten and or reshape these.
"Let me see" was his reply.
I love his can do response.
I now have several usable knives again, somewhat shorter, but still functioning as knives.

Another day in the Raccoon Retreat Studio!

Simple Shrimp, Acrylic on canvas, 3x3 inches
Day 69 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment