Tuesday, July 14, 2020

3 days again!



These past few days have been a whirlwind of activity!
It all started Sunday afternoon when I was painting here in the studio.
I had gone to church earlier to set up the submarine for VBS starting on Monday.
I had almost completed my painting for the day and was going to post the days effort to the blog.
I live next to a set of storage buildings and people come and go frequently, opening their units and setting off the 5 dachshund alarms.
 
This afternoon, the gentleman that owns a vintage jeep came to put it back in storage after taking it out for the 4th of July week. Dusk was falling, and he was on his phone. 
I continued to paint, and he apparently had a problem with his jeep.
He walked down to the end of the street and then disappeared.
Meanwhile his babied, beautiful, vintage jeep was sitting on the road waiting. 
It apparently had died, and he could not start it back up to put it into the unit.
 
While I was finishing up, a major storm was coming in from the North, 
multiple warnings, but no warning for what was to occur. 
Meanwhile, the jeep sits outside, with no doors, and barely a top on.
To begin with, I heard the roar of the wind ahead of the storm front.
I looked up from my easel, and watched the window next to me actually bow in and out.
I heard the wind increase, and then rain started coming in sheets, 
flooding the street below my window.
It grew very dark, very fast.
I contemplated leaving the room.
Then, while I was working on another piece of art,
the tow truck appeared.
It eased by the jeep, with a car ahead of it guiding it to the jeep.
Then came the quick meeting under umbrellas, (that probably did absolutely no good)
The owner went to the car, the tow truck picked up the jeep in record time and left.
I decided to photograph, send the photo to my email, then add it to the blog.
No internet............
Seriously!
Every time it so much as rains a drop it seems, the internet goes down around here.
Very tiresome.
But, here we are today with three days of posts and me vowing to get the password from my blog, so I can post from my phone when this occurs again.
Rant over.
Lionfish II on hardi board.


This is the one that was completed on Sunday, not the one above.
This one, is on hardi board as well. Soon I'll have enough to be able to resin them all at once.
Hope you're not bored with this series yet!
Lionfish I 


Today's offering for the 100 days,
A clownfish.
We used to have one in our tank when we lived in the Philippines, 
mom and dad would go diving and bring home various creatures from the sea.
I loved this type of fish then, and still do now! 
I'm hoping these paintings do well as people have been requesting outdoor art for years.

And now, the submarine I've been promising to show.
All 19 1/2 feet of her!


Actually constructed from cardboard on a metal framework, this was really interesting to build.
We attached the cardboard with over 300 zip ties and became quite the experts 
at working back and front. We would punch holes, then use the zip ties.
It turned out pretty cool I think!

Packing material from hair products.


The mechanism and the wheel had to be able to turn both ways.
The wheel is layered cardboard, spray paint, and duct tape.


Some of the control panels made from boxes and paper from previous projects.
The two portholes are empty pie boxes.


Box with printed dials, and gauges printed and enlarged.
The larger gears are waffle house containers!


While eating lunch one day, I told my husband I want your box!
I know he thinks I'm crazy and now it's confirmed.
45 minute later though, I had this "control panel."


This was from the papers I punched to get the squares and dots from.
Black paper to mount, and more screens.


Another view of the pie containers after silver and black paint added.

Lionfish I, Lionfish II, and Clownfish, all 10 x 10 inches, hardi bord
Days 14, 15 & 16 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment