Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Sassified! The beginning of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021


Wow!
I am in disbelief because my friend reminded me that the 100 days was about to begin. 
She casually mentioned it in conversation a couple of days ago.
The 100 days begins now because the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf shores is on for this year!
It opens on the 7th of October and runs for four days. 
One of my favorite shows, this one will really be different for me!
Why different?

This year there will be two booths!
One booth will have my marine life as usual, shadowboxes, large pieces and sepias.
The other booth,
Steampunk!
After a fantastic reception this year at several shows I have decided to really 
put my steampunk on display by giving an entire booth to the art form.
I was going to do the booth last year, but the festival was cancelled as well as my solo show in Mobile.
Both were going to be venues to display this very different style. 
These are paintings that are lengthy in their creation, 
so you may see bits and pieces of them here during the 100 days.

In the meantime, I have one week until I hang my solo show at the Audubon Center in Pascagoula, MS.
This show was also cancelled last year due to Covid. It has been in the plans since Fall of 2018.
I am looking forward to my new works being displayed for the months of July and August.
Look for an invite soon!
Please join me for the 100 days~100 paintings 2021
This is my 13th year!

Anyway, today's piece was incredibly fun! This sassy turtle looks like he'll swim off the canvas.
I love his sideways smile too!
"Sassified" Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 40 inches
Day 1 of the 100 days~!00 paintings 2021


 

No comments:

Post a Comment