Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Seahorses II


Today is another one of the "happy accident" canvas.
Narrow and somewhat difficult to arrange the pieces in them because they are so narrow.
I'm very happy with how they turned out when completed today.

I also spent the better part of the afternoon trying to lay out a design 
for the other two "happy accident" canvases.
After trying for a good while to fit what I wanted, I abandoned the project.
I even had redrawn the design twice.
It just didn't look like what I had in my mind.
Turns out, the new pieces I am working on will fit the bill.
Pelicans on pilings will work.
I love this man I married, but he sure challenges me sometimes as an artist!

Speaking of challenges.
Chris threw me another one today.
He had leftover lumber in the shop and decided to build.
Two offset 15 x 30s shadowboxes (with somewhat small openings).
One 30 x 30 centered shadowbox.
I laid them out, then asked him to move the opening on one to the upper corner.
Once painted, they will be a beautiful addition to my booth.

I finally took the time to paint the sides of the big octopus and large heron today too.
I will check them for pencil lines, erasing when necessary, tomorrow.
Then varnish and wires.
They will then be placed aside to dry for a few days, then get packed and marked for shows.
It's a cycle of creating here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!

Seahorses II, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 12 x 24 inches
Day 38 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment