"Totally turtles III"
I am really having an incredible time painting these pieces.
They are going to be beautiful together!
I am rapidly getting to the end of the 100 days as well.
It's bittersweet, because I won't have to worry about blogging and posting.
I'll just be painting again alone in my studio.
I'll still post paintings to my Facebook pages, just not the blog.
So much fun to paint these guys!
I've also decided the last two paintings which are turtles as well.
They will all be a part of the fantastic "Totally turtles" piece in the booth.
The weather is really getting the artists stirred up for next week's show at the National Shrimp Festival.
The forecast so far is for rain almost every day of the show.
But that being said we are a rain or shine event.
The show will go on unless there is really gnarly weather.
Very high winds or lightning will be enough to shut the show down.
Large amounts of rain can close it as well, because we all have power in our booths.
We did arrive one year to a downpour, and we were prevented from entering the show.
The show was delayed for three hours until things could dry out some.
That year, several artists lost their tents as well.
This is not for the faint of heart, these shows.
Although I have been known to take down all my art and put it on a cart to protect it with heavy rain curtains over the cart and tied down.
My tents are both rated for 70mph winds, so I am not terribly worried.
We will also bring every weight I own to help keep things steady.
Rain curtains, rain gutter, and art to paint while sitting at a show will be a necessity as well.
I am praying I am very over prepared.
I'm also believing that God's got this!
Totally turtles III, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16 x 24
Day 97 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment