Thursday, July 21, 2016

Vintage Beach XI



While frantically working with children and letting their imaginations run wild, I still paint!
No less than two of my galleries now want the vintage suits too!
After posting about the Moonlight Buoy yesterday I couldn't resist another vintage bathing suit. This one is from the 70's and really reminds me of my teen years.  I was a lifeguard in 1977 at the Jewish Community Center on Airport Blvd. I remember being upset though, that as guards we were asked to run the snack bar as well. This did not make me real happy as I was proud of being a trained lifeguard and concerned that something might happen on my watch. Safety prevailed even though some of the kids going there were a little spoiled and did not like a teenager telling them what to do.

Vintage Beach XI, Acrylic on wood, 8 x 10
Day 16 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment