Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Here's looking at you!


Dolphins are always fun for me to paint. Theses guys are actually  a revisit to a painting that for some reason went very brown. Although now on the darkened side. I really love it again. I don't understand the fading to brown (or maybe they were more brown in the first place and I don't remember), I use non-fugitive color that is not supposed to change over time. Something else for exploration I guess. 

This week has brought it's challenges so far, with a class every day to teach. I am also getting prepared for my first show of the season in Daphne this weekend. Challenges have included a cold trying to take hold, (I hopefully cut that one off at the pass by going to doctor because my chest and ears hurt) Classes to teach while sounding like froggy from the Little Rascals. Paintings to complete, they need hangers, , varnishing, and packing for the show. We've already looked at the show equipment and added some new bungee cords. Taking the rain gear, just in case. Jubilee would not be Jubilee unless it rained! 

Oh well, the life of an artist.
I am singing God's praises because of a loving husband that hauled me off to the doctor this morning and will eat spicy chicken and rice, because chicken and rice is my "go to' when sick. A leader for a meeting I was supposed to go to tonight, but she said stay home. I also missed my bible study last night because of the cold or whatever it is going around. Painting this afternoon with a class. Now I am in the stdio contemplating lifting a brush in paint. 

More tomorrow my friends!

Day 80 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment