Friday, September 1, 2017

Life gets in the way...........................



This past couple of weeks since my NYC trip have been hectic to say the least! 
Our youngest daughter came to Fairhope after her trip to Washington DC with her husband and inlaws. Let the games begin is the saying, and our lives were joyously turned upside down when they arrived. We showed them Fairhope and surrounding areas, shopping at outlet stores and antique shops. We also celebrated a birthday along the way! In the midst of all this celebrating, I had tables to decorate for their renewing of vows, American Style! I decorated the hall with a minimal amount of fuss with the exception of creating "suitcases" for their travel themed reception. The suitcases took several hours of my days but were well worth the effort. They were made from "travel labels", Photo boxes, and vinyl cut to look like straps. Best of all, we had a friend that thankfully took all 14 of them to add to her wedding reception in November. All this, and a hurricane named Harvey in the Gulf of Mexico, slamming into Texas with Catagory 4 fury and torrential rainfall inundating  the major city of Houston Texas. My continued prayers for all affected by this storm.

Not to mention, Hurricane Irma looming in the Atlantic already a catagory 3 hurricane. Such is life along the gulf coast, but so unlike the earthquakes I experienced in California that came without warning.
At least with hurricanes, we know days in advance of their approach!


Before my NYC trip, we celebrated a grandchilds birthday. He is now 4 years old and a delightful personality. Every year on his birthday, I paint him a painting. By the time he is 18, there will be 19 paintings, all done in Sepia to go into his home when he moves out on his own.
Long time away, I know right?

Archers Pelican, Acrylic on canvas, 8x8 inches
Officially Day 53 of the 100 days~100 paintings


If these look familiar, they should! I painted these a second time to replace the one's given as a birthday present to my daughter's mother in law. She collects shells from around the world and was delighted to receive them. They are now proudly displayed in India.

Shells, Acrylic on canvas , 6x6
Days 54, 55, and 56 of the 100 days~100 paintings


The Magnolias were painted in anticipation of giving to our daughter's mother in law. I changed my mind after seeing her excitedly picking up shells in Gulf Shores.

Magnolia I, II, and III, Acrylic on canvas, 6x6
Days 57, 58, and 59 of the 100 days~100 paintings


Today finds me finally catching up and able to breathe!
Heron Study I and Heron Study II
Days 60 and 61 of the 100 days~100 paintings




No comments:

Post a Comment