Saturday, July 2, 2022

100 days~100 paintings 2022


The 100 days of paintings actually started this year on Tuesday June 28th.
Time got away from me however, and I am just now getting to post!
I really enjoy the paintings every year as well as the comments when you read the blog!

This year, I begin with sewing machine drawers.
These are taken from vintage sewing machines in bad condition and used in a whole new way!
We break down the drawers from the machine and my husband Chris cuts them down into thirds.
He then uses wood panels to fill in the openings from more recycled wood.
I am amazed with how they turn out every time I do them.

It all started with a sewing machine our neighbor had that she wanted turned into a table.
She did not want the drawers or the machine.
The machine is very heavy and my husband used it for weight added to his lathe.
(Several months later, our son commandeered the machine as he is making lamps out of them.)
The drawers however presented a problem, throw them away or creatively reuse them.
I am so grateful that Chris is talented enough to help me reuse them.
So far, we've repurposed 3 machines and have plans for more.
Each machine allows me to create anywhere from 18 to 24 little pieces of art.
They are proving to be popular!

This summer will be interesting as I have been invited back to the 
Audubon Center in Mississippi for another one woman show. 
The first one was called "My Ocean Odyssey" and was one of their most popular shows. 
I am honored that they believe in my works enough to invite me back this year. 
This show will be called "My Nature Odyssey"
The show will have my usual marine life and shadowbox canvases, as well as multiple piece works.
 One entire wall will be flora and fauna from our beautiful gulf coast!
Hummingbirds, shorebirds, raptors, and earthly creatures will make for a fun show.

The National Shrimp festival in Gulf Shores will happen this year!
I am now 95 days out from this wonderful show that is one of my favorites.
This year, I will have a double booth.
One booth will be of the marine life sepias, possibly moving from sepia to color added on some.
 The other will be the Steampunk that has proven popular during the spring shows.
The Steampunk has also gotten some awards this spring.

Come along for the ride this summer!
100 paintings~100 days 2022
My Nature Odyssey!

Sewing machine drawers, each 5x15 inches,Acrylic
Days 1-5 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022


 

No comments:

Post a Comment