Oh, how the days are flying by!
I appreciate your patience more than you'll ever know.
I have been creating, just not a lot of painting for shows.
But these little guys!
I really enjoy small paintings, and I hope and pray you do as well.
These guys are 4 x 12 inches and are so much fun to paint!
The smaller pieces enable me to ease back into a groove which will allow me to get back to posting and painting on a regular basis.
They are a study for the round posted earlier.
Just before my world went into hyper speed, I got lost in Super Mario World.
I don't remember if our children even played this game, other than a beta version.
Don't ask, it was S L O W....
They may have played it on their hand-held device as well.
I cannot remember what they were called, maybe it will come to me.
Anyway, the past few weeks are a blur.
We took Archer camping and made memories for him for a few days after I got started on the 100 days.
I then jumped full force into Celebration Church Summer Surge.
So much building of cardboard pieces, mushrooms, motorcycle, a throne, and a boat with a sail.
So much cutting with a razor I could barely lift my arm up because it was sore.
I chatted with the chiropractor about it because I was concerned that I might need surgery on that arm.
(This is the same one I fell on while loading up dinosaurs a year ago.)
But God!
My chiropractor said no, just keep using it so it doesn't freeze up.
Boy, have I used it!
After coming home from camping, I jumped into the deep waters of building.
The paintings were not on my radar, nor were they my own pieces for sale.
I am honored to use my talents for God's glory and if one child is reached through my artistry he gives me, then so be it!
I also oversaw a full week of painting with the youth at the church.
We went through GALLONS of paint, yards of fabric, many feet of wire, lots of lumber, and scads of time while completing the sets.
The combination of time with me, the adults, and the youth was well over
500 hours just in the build week alone.
I am eternally grateful for the experience of working with these future leaders of our church.
Some of them will go very far, I'm sure!
Last Sunday found us doing the actual building of the sets in the new sanctuary.
I was nervous because I was concerned it might not be enough to fill the space.
After 3 1/2 hours we were completely in place, and the space was filled with Super Mario.
The following day I went to see how the children reacted and was
delighted to see so many parents enthralled as well.
I could see the adults pointing out things to the children and
reminiscing about their own childhood memories.
It did my heart glad to see the kids interacting and parents photographing as well.
Our church served over 450 children!
Then came break down day on Wednesday.
It all came down in 1 1/2 hours, with some being reused in our children's church for the next month.
One of the children witnessing the break down, said it looks so sad now.....
The boat and four of the mushrooms went to the Eastern Shore Repertory Theater
for their production of Moana today actually.
I also had precious children requesting coins and stars to take home.
Two of the figures have been spoken for, with one of the youth requesting Bowser and our grandson wanting the Yoshi for his room.
Next year will be an experience for sure.
We were breaking down and I heard the pastor ask the kids do you want to know about next year?
My inner kid screamed YES!!!
I ran into the room to see.
I think the Teens watching me in the back thought I was crazy,
fist pumping and yelling YES, YES, YES!
I don't think they've witnessed a grandparent age adult acting like that.
I need to pull my brother into it as he LOVES Marvel comic movies.
I will get immersed in that world for sure.
I can already see the Holy Spirit working on that one, with images ALREADY popping into my head!!!!
I must write them down, so they don't keep me awake nights planning for next year.
It's going to be another big year; I already can tell.
Manatees Acrylic on canvas, 4 x 12 inches
Day 10 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026









No comments:
Post a Comment