Thursday, October 5, 2023

Curly cephalopod


I don't know if I'll ever tire of painting octopus.
They are a never-ending source of differences.
Beautiful, smart, and great escape artists.
They have to have special tanks to hold them in while in captivity.
There are also octopus that will crawl on land to get to a tidal pool.
That would really be a sight to see!

Nothing makes me happier than to encourage a child in their art journey.
My son asked if I had an easel to give for a birthday present.
I showed him the little easels we use for Chris's wood bowls.
He just giggled.
They are tiny.
But above that, on another shelf was French box easel someone gifted to me.
Never used, and a great gift to set her on her way.
I advised him with some paint purchased.
We then rounded it out with some extra canvas I had, an apron, a palette knife, and a water dish.
I can only imagine the surprise and joy from this precious child of God.
Happy Birthday!

I'm also toying with completing the 100 days before shrimp Festival starts next week.
How in the world?
God has placed in my mind to really concentrate on smaller works that are more affordable.
My starting price is $295.00 for my works.
Not much, some of us would say.
These smaller works will retail for $95.00 and are still unique, beautiful, and affordable.
I can make them less in price because I can complete several in a day.
They are totally unique because they are vintage sewing drawers, 
cut down to make miniature shadowboxes.
I've done them before, and they are super popular.
The vintage aspect, affordability, and recycled as the wood used is a former skateboard ramp.
The end of the 100 days is going to be fun!
Giddy up!
This is about to become a wild ride!

Curly Cephalopod, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24 inches
Day 68 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment