Saturday, October 7, 2023

Wild ride today!


These days are running by so fast now!

I am just hanging on for the wild ride to the end of the 100 days by the
 beginning of the National Shrimp Festival next week.
I am very excited to be able to paint these miniatures framed by the 
drawers from vintage sewing machines.
The first set of 28 was because of a neighbor who wanted my husband Chris 
to take her machine base and make a table.
I asked her what she wanted to do with the drawers, and she just said get rid of them.
I didn't want to just throw them away.
Chris figured out how to cut them in thirds and they make perfect little shadowboxes.
The backings are thin wood panel from a recycled skateboard ramp.
Our son uses the machines to make steampunk lamps as well. 
They are recycled, fun to paint, and affordable too!


I also must apologize because the photos are not edited.
My phone is acting the fool these days, and my husband dropping it a few minutes ago doesn't help.
Anyway, tonight is 10 paintings total.
Not all painted in one day, but I can paint several in a day!
I love painting miniatures.

Enjoy the menagerie!


Here's looking at you!


Sandpipers central!

Octopus escaping!


Pelican Piling.
You can see my messy easel and some collected art too.



Seahorse with coral.
Notice this one has the lock mechanism still in the drawer.




They just are lovely to look at, and so fun to paint!

Wild Ride today! Acrylic on recycled wood, each about 5 x 15 inches
Days 70-79 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023







 

No comments:

Post a Comment