Friday, October 6, 2023

Pelican parley


I love painting these guys.
They are so incredibly interesting to create.
So much to do, so little time left before the big show starts next week.
The 50th National Shrimp Festival in Gulf shores, Alabama.
I have all the paintings done to fill the double booth and am now working ahead.
I am really excited to see how the booth looks with it going from sepia to full color in one space.

Tonight was Artwalk in Fairhope.
I was painting live while it was going on from 5:30-8:00 pm.
I actually worked on two miniature paintings for the sewing machine drawers.
They make a really great presentation for the paintings, giving them the shadowbox effect.
Two whales done, lots of people chatting about my works.
Hopefully conversations lead to sales.

I also spent time setting up the rest of the sewing drawer paintings.
So, I know what to paint.
I have the patterns ready to transfer and then just create!

Our pelicans here are an incredible work of God.
To see such a gawky bird fly so gracefully is beautiful.
They dive so hard, going after fish.
It's a wonder they don't die with how hard they hit the water.
You always know when the fish are in the bay, because there will be pelicans sitting on the water.
They're sitting because they can't fly because they're so full of fish!

Pelican Parley, Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, 12 x 24
Day 69 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment