Scourge of the deep.
My nemesis is a computer right now instead of a Lionfish.
It's acting wacky.
I turned it off, waited, and turned it back on and it seems to have repaired the glitch.
I'm much better with a brush than a computer!
Yesterday while cutting out the turtle, Chris removed a flipper purely by accident or possibly inattention.
My vote is inattention.
You see, our son was here waiting on an appointment while Chris was cutting out my dimensional pieces.
Jere was climbing around on the boat Chris bought on Monday.
Chris had mentioned to our son about the cotter pin holding the keel in place was needing to be replaced.
Jere apparently pulled the keel completely out of the hull so that Chris could refinish it and the replace the pin.
Keels are not lightweight.
Chris was quite shocked by this, but went back to the scroll saw in an effort to finish the pieces I brought to him earlier.
In his inattention, he accidentally removed a flipper.
Jere and Chris tried in vain to locate the cut off piece to no avail.
Chris brought the cut fronts upstairs and quietly disappeared.
I was matching up the fronts with their respective rounds only to realize that the flipper had been removed.
I let out a cry of what on earth happened?
As I came running down the stairs our son had a smirk while looking at his phone.
I suspected he had a hand in this disaster maybe.
Anyway I hurried into the shop to try and locate the piece as
I've accidentally removed one before as well.
I was practically in the garbage can removing pieces of wood, but no flipper was to be found.
I recut new wood pieces to repair it.
I did tell Chris if he didn't want to help, please let me know.
What I didn't know, because he denied it was he realized his mistake and just hoped I wouldn't notice.
I said next time, let's work on it together.
Together....
Speaking of which, we both decided that this week we were getting equipment down.
The goal was to set up the tent, and familiarize ourselves with the French wall system.
I wanted to do this because I don't want us getting into a tiff at the National Shrimp Festival.
I went outside this morning to find Chris busily putting a tent together in the shop.
He couldn't figure it out.
I said this is why we're supposed to do it together.
I told him I came out to tell you I'm taking the girls to the vet.
He decided to go with me and get away from the tinker toy project that is the show tent.
(I just thank God we have a heavy duty pop up tent and not the Flourish we originally had with many parts and pieces!)
We got back from the vet and I went outside to try and figure it all out.
We had marked the majority of the poles, legs, and brackets, but some were not.
He kept trying to put it together and we were fighting against each other.
Him pulling and yanking on supports, while I was trying to just visualize the brackets.
"I need you to go into the house Chris."
I needed to calmly figure it out, while alone.
I'm sure that's why he was attempting the same thing early this morning, to figure it out alone.
We really work well together, but sometimes each one has a thought and won't budge.
Chris went inside.
I figured out the brackets in five minutes.
"Hey I need your help"
We had to swap two of the supports and everything fell into place.
Problem was, it's been a year since we've done a double booth.
It looked as though we had lost four pieces of poles that go on the second tent.
We both puzzled about this for a bit and we decided to look up the Flourish company.
I looked at the Flourish website and could not see if there was supposed to be poles.
I then looked back at my photos from last year.
The second tent has only bottom sta-bars and not the ones on the top.
We simply used the straps to suspend the walls from the tent, and used the other bars for the bottom rail.
Problem solved, crisis averted.
Oh! AND I painted today!
Life with Chris is always an adventure because he keeps me on my toes!
Scourge of the deep, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16 x 16
Day 72 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment