Monday, September 7, 2026

Octopus and Conecuh?


Some projects are just interesting.
This was one of them.
My daughter that I have made costumes with before, had a commission for the two of us.
With the permission of the Conecuh Sausage people, we had a project before us.
I helped Jessica yesterday from after church until just past midnight.
Approximately 12 hours.
Jessica had done a good bit of leg work and was making "sausage" when I arrived.
She put me inside, projecting the labels after determining the size we needed.
I spent the better part of the afternoon working on them.
They are hand painted and the large one measures about 18 inches square.
It features hand mixed colors.
The bar code works, but just not for the sausage.
The pig however if photographed and put into a Google search, brings up the Conecuh brand.
I spent about 6 hours on the two labels.
Jessica added the funny lettering after I finished painting.



This is the completed labels.
We then began the building of the actual costume.


The clear material is actually shower curtains.
Jessica went a little crazy with the glitter inside.
I had to design the sausage bag to hold it inside from going side to side and up and down.


The sausage is made from childrens tights.
They are carefully hand painted by Jessica.

This is the back and dress underneath.



So absolutely funny!
Jessica is making a hat to match!
It has ties to hold it in place.
So much fun to make!
The family seems to be over the moon.
Coming soon to a Party near you!
Such is my artist life especially with Jessica.
Never a dull moment!


Today I finished the background for the octopus.
I have also attached the octopus to the front.
Such a creative endeavor made together.

That's all for today.
My sleep was really disturbed after I got home last night about 1 am.
I pray I sleep better tonight!

Octopus and Conecuh?, Acrylic on canvas and wood, Octopus 14 inches
Costume size small
Days 69 and 70 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026















 

No comments:

Post a Comment