Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Lights and Great Whites


This was yesterday's painting completed while teaching a small group at my church.
The small group is called Scripts & Strokes and is celebrating it's13th year!
I really enjoy teaching both the Scripture and the painting class.


This one is today's piece.
It features Great White sharks on a shadowbox canvas.
This one is large, 12 x 36 inches.
Incredibly interesting to paint too!

The Shrimp Festival will find us set up by this time next Wednesday.
Set up is always a grueling day because of my nerves and the pure work of setting up.
We will be putting up two tents and one with the french wall opening at the back.
I am mildly nervous about the show because of the current economy.
Art is definitely a luxury and not a necessity.
I am leaving it in God's capable hands though.
He always takes care of this artist!

I also erased yesterday and varnished today.
There are paintings spread all across my big table, with no room for more currently.
Hopefully I can pack them tomorrow and get them off the table.
Vendors for the festival also got emails today about parking and set up times.
We hopefully can get there early enough to avoid the chaos that is the 
Annual National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
Fortunately for us, we don't have to worry about parking.
We park the van at the campsite Wednesday after unloading at the show.
We then ride our bikes back and forth to the show.

The weather looks like it will be good for the show.
We have several days of rain ahead of us, then a cooling just in time for the show.
Unfortunately, this means cloudy days ahead at the show.
I have lights, but we bought an additional set of lights that can plug in to the shrimp festival electricity.
This show is different in that it gives everyone power to run lights and frequently fans in the booths.
The lights I currently have are battery powered and are great, but with possibly cloudy days into the nights, I felt I needed plug in lights as well.

Lights and Great Whites, Acrylic on canvas, 11 x 14 and 12 x 36
Days 92 & 93 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026




 

No comments:

Post a Comment