"Freedom Flier"
This one is the largest size I make in the dimensional rounds.
The backgrounds are painted first, then the dimensional piece is added later.
They are fun to design and even more fun to paint.
I have to lay the dimensional piece on top before permanently mounting it to the round.
I use the dimensional piece to help me determine where the background elements need to be placed.
This is why you can look above and below the front piece to peer underneath.
They are challenging to my creativity and ability as an artist.
Today marks day 75 of the 100 days.
Almost to the finish line of the Annual National Shrimp Festival in beautiful Gulf Shores Alabama.
I am happy with the show so far, but it is time to get really serious and make larger pieces.
The five-piece paintings are coming soon.
There will also be numerous shadowboxes being painted and presented for shows.
Freedom Flier, Acrylic on wood, 24 inches
Day 75 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment