Sunday, September 13, 2026

Cephalopod my cephalopod


"Cephalopod my cephalopod"
Incredible pieces are coming out of the studio now.
So much paint is being used that I am running out of the one jar of the color I use.
Fortunately, I have another jar in the wings.
When I mixed the color last year, I initially put out way too much Burnt Sienna.
Even after an entire tube of blue, it was still so brown!
When I first started that would've been great.
After all, they are called sepias.
A few years ago, I accidentally mixed it a little bluer.
People kept commenting on the color and said they loved the blue.
I didn't see the blue, to me it looked like a deep grey and almost black.
Back to the mixing....
Adding the Ultramarine Blue made a pile of paint that ended up becoming a little over 16 ounces.
Needless to say, that's a lot of paint!
Two large jars that I have worked from for over a year now.
At least I don't have to mix it again anytime soon.


This one has a few "Easter eggs" in the form of sea turtles.
"Easter eggs are commonly known from the Jeep brand and are things you can find on the vehicle.
They are now seen in television and movies too.
There are five of them in the painting.
Four are easy to see, one is hidden pretty well.
Any way, it lets me have fun while designing the paintings.
Hope you have fun finding them!

"Cephalopod my cephalopod" Acrylic on wood, 20 round
Day 76 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026



 

No comments:

Post a Comment