"Totally turtles V"
It has been a really long day and I'm still going.
I woke up at 4 am to find Chris up too.
I started my Bible readings and Chris decided to go back to bed.
I was still doing my morning routine when he got back up.
The day began with us having breakfast and Chris keen to get on the road.
Me not so much.
I'm nervous about what's brewing in the Gulf.
I read several blogs, listened to both Mikes weather page and James Spann.
They keep showing all these models that have this thing coming into the Gulf Coast this weekend.
I asked my weather nut brother what he thought.
He says Cat 2 into Mobile on Friday night.
So many artists getting ready with no hurricanes this summer.
Isaias however may have decided otherwise.
I have been praying about this disturbance ever since I first heard about it.
Lord, we have way too many people that have worked way too hard.
I myself have been over 3 months working to get ready.
Any way, we headed down to the Gulf to pick up my packet for the show.
After getting the pass we drove into the show area.
Apparently, a lot of people have decided to opt in for the early set up day.
We drove to my spot on the end and started unloading.
Bags and tubs, pipes and walls, lights, and electric cords.
It's a lot to load out before we can separate it all.
My double booth typically has an opening to the back left side of the tent.
It's a French wall system that requires a lot of pipes and brackets.
There are actually two walls at the back of the tent, one five ft. and one seven ft.
The seven-foot wall is about two feet in front of the five.
Problem is there is a large chance of rain.
Bigger problem is there is a dirt pit right where my door is to get out of the tent.
Chris says that we'll have to flip it to the other tent.
Easier said than done.
I have to replace the poles over into the other tent.
The seven is now on the right instead of the left.
It took a while to wrap my head around the situation before I could lay pipes where they were needed.
Chris also shortened the seven-foot wall support bar by about 3 inches,
So now we aren't fighting to get it into place.
We got the pipes in place, the walls attached, and the lights hung.
We put the rest of the equipment inside, zipped down, and headed for lunch and home.
After we got home, I went straight to the studio.
I had several paintings to varnish, wire, and pack.
Varnish is first.
Wiring tonight.
Pack maybe later tonight.
While the varnish was drying, I went to get my business license.
I also went to pay my rent at the gallery, then back home.
We took the dogs for a ride in the car, then we headed to the grocery store.
We picked up several things, especially my gluten free items.
Once we got home and loaded it all into the camper, it was past dinner time.
For us way past time to eat.
We ate at 7:30.
I mixed up muffins to take with us and set them to baking.
I finished getting all my clothes together.
I also got my makeup together.
Clothes in the camper, makeup tomorrow morning.
Still a lot going on here at the studio!
This is the layout for the Totally turtles collection.
It's going to be an awesome showcase of turtles!
This 6 x 24 is one of the ones at either the top or the bottom.
Long day here, an even later night, so my mind is not racing about what needs to be done.
It will simply BE done.
I am so grateful my small group Scripts & Strokes understands me.
They graciously allowed me to cancel the class for tonight so I could finish getting ready for the show.
"Totally turtles V" Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 24 inches
Day 99 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment