Monday, September 18, 2023

Colors, canvases, and completions


Days and days since I've posted!
The studio has been a hive of activity as of late.
I have been too busy to post, but today I am bound and determined to get this done!
Both of these pieces are 24 x 24 inches and so fun to paint.
I really enjoy these sepias and shadowboxes.
The booth is coming together very nicely on paper, hopefully it will look the same on the walls.


These are some of the partial color paintings.
The walls of the booth will gradually go from sepia to full color, 
left to right if you're standing in front of the space.
I'm enjoying the process for sure!
So much to do in the next three weeks before the Annual National Shrimp Festival.


The turtles are a continuation of works I do for Big Fish Trading Company in Foley, Alabama.
These will be in my booth though and not at the gallery.
Sea turtles are always some of my favorites to paint. 


The octopus is another partially colored piece.
I love the surprise of color in the eye area.
We shall see how they do at the show!



The crab is for the far right wall at the festival in October.
Full color is interesting on the shadowboxes, adding a degree of difficulty.
Challenging yes, but not impossible to paint.
I do love a challenge too!


The three following pieces are the unusual canvases Chris built.
Two 15 x 30s and one central 30 x 30, making for one large work of art.
The challenge was the set up and arrangement of the turtles.
I decided to have a total of 7 turtles spread across the 3 canvas.
7 turtles for the 7 days of creation.





Truly a wonderful piece of art!
This is the tryptic on my fence, because I cannot set up and photograph in the studio.
The work measure 30 inches tall and 60 inches wide.

It really will look great in the booth for sure!

Colors, canvases, and completions, Acrylic on canvas, varying sizes
Days 41- 50 of the 100 daya~100 paintings 2023










 

No comments:

Post a Comment