Friday, September 1, 2023

Pelican Parley II


I am having an incredibly fun time!
These "happy accident" canvases provided a challenge because of their small opening.
It was interesting to try and fill the space and yet maintain the feeling of not being too crowded.
They turned out better than I ever imagined they would.
Challenge accepted Chris.
On to the next works.

Below you will find the two canvases together.
They will be a great pair or can be sold individually.
I think they look nice, don't you?



Creating is definitely in my blood.
My mother was a fantastic knitter, making fishermen knit cables, honeycombs, and bars.
She even knitted in genuine wool.
I really wish I had one of those sweaters now.
My dad created with me when I was younger, making some of the most fantastic Halloween costumes.
He once even helped my Camp Fire Girl group all make some.
It is a good memory from childhood.

Pelican Parley II, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24
Day 40 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment