Thursday, September 12, 2024

My days are puppies!


This series is fun to create, but also challenging.
"Crabby" is 5 x 24 inches.
Some of them were painted while in India, some painted here after we got home.
I thank God every day I have a husband that thinks creatively too!
When I first made the series, they were in color and only 4 x 24.
Last year, Chris made them wider, and they are so much easier to paint.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!



The dolphins are so much fun and so full of life!
"Dolphin party" 5 x 24 inches


"Pod Patrol" Humpback whales
5 x 24 inches


"Turtle traffic jam"
Shadowbox, Acrylic on canvas 24 x 24


"A Turtles eye view"
16 x 16 inches 
Acrylic on canvas


"I'm coming out!"
Octopus Acrylic on canvas, 24 x 24 inches


I also managed to paint at church as well.
I teach a class called Scripts & Strokes on Tuesdays and 
we have a lot of fun doing paintings based on scripture.
This little guy is on an 11 x 14 canvas and was painted in about 2 hours.

Life here is crazy hectic.
I'm hoping to finish up my dad's estate soon, so I can put that behind me.
The Executor position is a large job taking many hours.
It also fills my brain with things I would rather not think about.
(Money, balancing checkbooks, insurance, and so much more!)
It has drained me frequently to the point of not creating.

As if that wasn't enough, we picked up TWO wire haired dachshund puppies last week.
I've wanted wire haired dachshunds for years and the opportunity for well-bred beautiful girls 
was just too much to pass up.
As I type, I hear our boy, Bandit (12 years old active senior) 
barking and the smaller yips coming from the girls.
We actually got the girls for him to play with.
Tootsie and Ruby are fitting right into our pack.
I am getting a frequent side eye from Divya and Trixie, asking "Mom make them stop!"
Fortunately, now they play hard, and sleep hard.
Puppy pads, puppy food, puppy proofing are all going on here at the Raccoon Retreat!
Oh, and in between running up and down the stairs to check on them, and play with them,
I am painting!

My days are puppies! Days 67-73 of the 100 days 2024
All works are Acrylic on canvas,











 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment