Saturday, October 13, 2012

Shrimp II



     Shrimp II is the last of the 100 days~100 paintings for 2012.This one was painted while at the National Shrimp Festival. I really enjoy painting in public as it is a great conversation starter. Today brought new collectors, old friends and new, and an evening at dinner with other artists. Truly a wonderful day to be an artist!

     I am having a great time at the festival and I am ahead of last years income as well.                        I am so grateful to be allowed to make a living as an artist, something that comes to me as naturally now as breathing. This is the third year I have done the 100 days~100 paintings. It truly has made me more disciplined, a better painter, and faster with the computer and camera! I am also working on pet portraits while at the show and the interest is high about getting them lined up for Christmas. We shall see, how many people follow through with their impulse of picking up a price list.

Shrimp II acrylic on canvas 6 x 12

No comments:

Post a Comment