Thursday, July 29, 2021

Giving me the eye!


Oh my!
What a wonderful day in many ways!
We picked up the cut outs that I am borrowing this morning for our VBS.
We stopped at Home Depot to pick up lumber, paint, tape, and a bucket for mixing.
Chris started ripping wood down as soon as we got home.
I then spent the rest of the morning by the pool with my niece and grandson.
Dragging them out of the pool was no mean feat, as the heat index is bad today.
The heat is supposed to be worse tomorrow.
Good thing I invested in a pool!
This year though, we will probably have to remove the deck as it seems to be falling apart.
I only pray it lasts through the summer.

The afternoon was spent working on VBS items.
With so many hands helping, we got an incredible amount of work accomplished.
Flats built, Bible-bot painted, cut outs cleaned and painted, rocks, makeup, and lots of details done!
Banner hung for the theme in the main church.
Such a blessing for me!

In the midst of the chaos, I painted too!
This is the first of four pieces on these incredible round blanks I found at Hobby Lobby.
Beautiful curved surround, 24 inches, reasonably priced, and on sale!
This gives me a fresh look to some of my works.
They will be a limited edition as I don't know how long they will have them.
Loving the artist life here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio in Fairhope, Alabama.

Giving me the eye!, Acrylic on wood, 24 inches
Day 31 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021


 

No comments:

Post a Comment