Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Turtle walks and Fisherman talks


Well day two is here. 
Blogger keeps trying to push me over to the new view, 
but I cannot find where to create a post in the new format. 
I am very pleased with this sea turtle today.
The day has proved long though, as I did not sleep well last night.
I awakened at 1:30 and could not go to sleep until 3:30.
Being awake has it's perks though, I was able to have a conversation with Alfred in Zimbabwe.
The situation there is not good, and there is no end in sight with the virus in tow.
I am encouraging him to create in spite of the world surrounding him, crumbling government, lack of money, but hopefully not food. Clean water is probably a concern as well. 
I have not seen Alfred's new home, but he says there is space to create. 
I am just trying to get him on track long distance. 
As artists, we are greatly affected by the environment around us. 
At least I am for the most part. 
I try not to watch the news, instead listening to 
Pandora with it's wide variety of music that I have selected to listen to while I paint.
My world is full of sea turtles, octopus, seashells, mermaids, and other sea life that is contained in my most loved area on this big blue ball we call home.
Today I offer a hawksbill turtle.
While not in our part of our gulf of mexico, 
they are still an important part of the species that is sea turtles.

I am trying to stay optimistic about shows for the fall this year.
However, I read this evening about one being cancelled in Birmingham, Al for mid September.
I do not have a show there, my first one is not until the end of September in Daphne.
We also don't have as many cases of Covid here as in Birmingham.
Just praying the shows go on with safety as a priority.
However, we artists still have not heard from a major show in our area for mid October.
Ominously quiet...........
Trying not to think about it too much!
I am pushing forward as the galleries are open, and they're starting to sell!

The fisherman by my friend Alfred will be beautiful, I'm certain.


He and I had an extended conversation today, long and late into his night.
He was still texting after midnight his time about various things. 
I was just trying to nudge him in the direction of completed pieces.
Alfred has a wonderful opportunity, with a collector wanting virtually everything he could create.
Oh if as artists we all had that problem!
He has told me he will be painting, but he does not think 
he can get more than one done every two days.
I told him that was fine, he just needed to discipline himself 
to keep working despite the situation in Zimbabwe.
He was so focused today his daughter told him, 
"now you can buy us a house, you are so serious"
Get this, a HOUSE in Zimbabwe can be purchased for under $10,000!
Can you imagine buying a house here for that!
Goals for Alfred, goals for me.
I must get to bed, I have to get up at 4:30am to walk for the sea turtles!
Day two is done!

Turtle walks, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24
Day 2 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment