Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The wisdom is in the eyes I


Today's painting is a requested one from a gallery I am in that is a wonderful handmade furniture store as well. Big Fish Trading Company came to my booth at the National Shrimp Festival a few years ago, and both of the owners loved my works. They said my pieces would be perfect with their furniture as it too has a coastal theme. As an artist doing outdoor shows, we hear this quite frequently from small shops to galleries wanting to display our works. I took their card and really didn't pursue the lead until 7 months later after all my spring shows were done. From the moment I walked in the door, I saw what they were talking about with regards to my works fitting right in to their beautiful style. 
It has been a wonderful working relationship ever since. 
If you want to see their beautiful custom furniture go to bigfishtradingcompany.com
I can promise you won't be disappointed with their custom works in their showroom at
21860 Hwy 98 in Foley, Alabama
Anyway, Amy told me she had sold the original sea turtles with colored eyes 
and wants more in the store. And so, here we are with "The Wisdom is in the Eyes I"

In the meantime, a tale of two sets of money.
Last night we discussed with and gave a check to Gib Leonard.
 He is one of the main founders of Buy A Brick.
He runs the Foundation, building schools, clinics, and sinking wells in Zimbabwe, Africa. He also has provided internet to schools, feeds children, and done countless other projects.
The foundation is in their 17th year..
 We were supposed to go to Africa in August, but the pandemic is preventing that journey for now.
We really wanted to go, as we had projects to work on, and classes to teach.
The people in many parts of Zimbabwe are hurting, hopeless, and hungry.
Interested in donating?
buyabrickfoundation.org
I can assure you that the money is spent in Africa and not on a corporation in an office.
Gib and Leigh Leonard are boots on the ground, hands open and honest, as well as some of the hardest working people I know. I am honored to call him and his wife Leigh friends.
This Foundation works! 

Anyway, I digress.
We gave Gib a check for the money we raised at a yard sale in March before the lockdown started.
This money has been intended the entire time for our trip to Africa in August.
It was a large check and we were happy to give it now to Buy A Brick.
We asked that part of the money go to Alfred to help him with rent 
to keep a roof over him and his family's heads.
Our personal goal is to eventually start building homes with land over there as well.

Today I stand as a strong witness to the power of our Lord!
Remember we gave a check just last night......
You CANNOT outgive God!

This morning,
A new gallery I am in, is called the Stewart Heath Gallery.
This morning, barely 2 weeks after I joined forces with Stewart Heath,
She sold two large pieces.
 (She had sold two others previously within 48 hours of joining.)
The total of the two pieces is almost the same as the check we wrote last night!
Again, You CANNOT outgive God!
If you want to see my works at the Gallery, 
it is located Eastern Shore Center, Spanish Fort, Al Suite 713

Alfred is having internet problems so he was not able to send his work for today.
I texted back and forth with him during spotty internet coverage.
I am also leading him gently in the ways of our Lord.
He is seeing more and more the hands of our Father protecting, providing, and guiding him during this pandemic. He is now lower than low, finding it hard to get motivated to work in his studio.
He is getting better with prayer and praise for what he has, not what he doesn't.
He also told me today that Moses and his family sends their love. 
Moses, whom I know as Samson is another beautiful soul that is a musician and artist. 
I wanted one of his pieces last year, as he had started a new process with wonderful texture.
I pushed him with color when he attended one of the classes I taught at IRoCK lodge.

Anyway, an exciting day here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio.
The day began with a walk at dawn looking for turtles. 
None spotted, we went home and began our day.
Me painting in the studio, Chris woodturning out in the shop after cutting the grass.
Ending the day with a violent thunderstorm, heavy rain, wind, and flooding.
Peaceful now, ready for night with the rain gently hitting the roof.
Sweet dreams to all!

The Wisdom is in the Eyes I, Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24
Day 3 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020


1 comment:

  1. Loran, your love and devotion to God as well as people here and far is amazing. I love the way God works through you! He gave you such a wonderful talent that has brought such good to so many people. Your are truly an inspiration to everyone you come into contact with, and Gib & I feel so honored to be two of them! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete