Saturday, July 25, 2020

Just a little crabby



It has been another day on this earth that never fails to amaze me.
I am talking with Alfred in Zimbabwe on a daily basis.
We have sent him money to help with rent and food for his family.
It still has not arrived, and he is so patient.
I pray it arrives sooner rather than later, I don't want his family to go without food or shelter.
Each day we talk after I have sent him one of my readings for the day from the Bible.
He looks forward to them so much!
We are discussing each day his walk with God.
He is becoming closer than he has ever felt with his Maker and loves our discussions.
He is still creating, he is just much slower than I am.
He is also experimenting with new materials and textures.
I am really looking forward to seeing his new works coming from the pandemic and his own experiences with hospitals while fighting tuberculosis.
He believes his TB is completely healed through the power of prayer warriors here.
Why am I so impressed with him?
He has told me he was a gang member for years and realized it was not the path he wanted to take.
He left the gang, but wandered aimlessly in his path to Christianity.
I am so grateful to be a part of his conversion.
He loves God so much and believes there are better things to come.

I am working hard on the book as well.
I am determined to complete this task and complete it well.
Time will tell, I am frustrated on a daily basis.
Today, I just could not take my light box that Chris built about 20 years ago any longer.
It is heavy, bulky, hard to turn on and off, has screws in the way, and is too dark for my needs.
So, off we went to Hobby Lobby to purchase a light box. 
Now is when I miss Alabama Art Supply.
We used to sell large light boxes, this one is small but usable.
It is also MUCH brighter!

Stewart Heath Gallery sold another piece today.
Before I knew I had sold something, she sent me a text, I need turtles ASAP.
I was thinking, I just brought you two!
She sold the large one today.
More turtles.............Shadowbox ones too!
Coming soon from the Raccoon Retreat studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!

Oh!
And I painted a crab today!

Just a little crabby, acrylic on hardibord, 10 x 10 inches
Day 27 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment