Monday, July 6, 2020

The post that almost didn't happen!


This has been unreal, getting to this point in my day!
I finished the painting hours ago, but when I went to write the blog, download the photos, listen to Pandora, everything went kaput.
Now, keep in mind I have already gone to mediacom and replaced their modem.
Everything was working honky dory, listening to music, going to my email, downloading photos, or so I thought.
Blip.....
Nothing, no internet.
Are you kidding me!
I JUST this afternoon cancelled my appointment with mediacom because 
I thought I had solved the problem.
Apparently not.
Phone call, wait or call back.
Call back.
Just as I settle in to sketch, they call.
The first girl just tried to fix the problem to no avail. 
No internet so she passes me on to the next tech that is getting testy because I cannot figure out what she is talking about on my computer.
Thanks Windows 10!
She says internet is working, it is a problem with my computer.
Huh?!
She insists internet is working, so I hang up after she asks me if I want cable tv.
Uh no! NO I don't. 
She asks again do you want to sign up for cable.
NO mam!
We are very happy where we are at in our television world now.
Anyway, I hang up and sketch another heron.
I'll try the computer once again.
After fiddling for a while, I discover the old router is numero uno. 
I delete it and sign up under the new router name and password given to me by the first person.
I held my breath...........
and here I am again connected.
Finally!
Well at least for the next five minutes I hope!
I am much better with a brush than a computer!
Rant over, moving on......

Today's piece was a lot of fun to paint. I had an old 24 x 36 frame and I asked the mister to add a shadowbox to it. He did, I stretched it yesterday and painted it white.
The inset is 12 x 24 and I am in love with the effect. 
I have two more herons sketched out, both on 27 x 27 canvases. 
Both will have colored eyes as this is what Amy from Big Fish trading company is requesting.
We shall see, they are striking!
I also bought another roll of canvas, as my beloved decided to make up ALL the 24 x 24s he could from the habitat for humanity stretcher bars.
I now have 17 shadowboxes to stretch.
Somehow today I managed to get the front of the submarine built for
 summer surge at church in a week! 
Eek! I'd better get busy.
Somewhere there is a book awaiting my talent as well.
Such is part of one day at the Raccoon Retreat Studio here in Fairhope, Alabama


"Herons in love" Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24 x36
Day 8 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You give me hope to be a creative...I always think I have to get all my tasks done before I can sit down to create art.

    ReplyDelete