Saturday, July 18, 2020

Playful Dolphin



Today's piece was combination of painting on top and painting inside.
Painting on top of the poured paint, painting inside the bubbles that formed in the pour.
If you will recall last fall, I painted a whale that had lots of bubbles and 
I did a combination of painting inside and adding more bubbles to my liking.
Anyway, lots of fun to paint as usual.

I had a meeting with the author of the book I'm illustrating today.
I am delighted to report we are moving along nicely, making decisions 
that will help me with my work in the studio.
I am scanning and sending two cover ideas to the project manager
and hope that it goes well in that department.
I will be pushed to complete by August, but that is my goal.
August was my goal originally because we were going to Africa.
Now that mission seems to be flattened, although I am talking with Alfred daily.
Prayers appreciated that my neck and back hold out over the next couple of weeks.

I am still reeling over the National Shrimp Festival being cancelled.
I get it, but that would've been a good deal of income that is now gone.
I also have collectors that are very disappointed.
Hopefully God will see fit to fill in and feed me as he feeds the birds.
Besides, there may be an "Almost, but not Quite Sea Festival" here at my house in October.
I want to have about 4 artists here, so we can social distance by spreading out in the yard.
Maybe by October, people will be ready to get out and buy art!
Prayers for everyone concerned, I know we all count on these festivals 
for our main source of income.
I am not worried in the least.

Anyhow, 
That's it for this evening.
May God bless and keep you in his perfect care.
Wear a mask and wash your hands!

Playful dolphin, acrylic on Hardibord, 10 x 10
Day 20 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment