Sunday, July 5, 2020

Beyond intelligence



I finished this earlier this afternoon while the thunder was rolling and 
Chris was out in the shop woodturning. Earlier in the day he kept bringing the new shadowbox canvas frames, until I asked him to stop as I simply do not have room in the studio for all of them. He has managed to get 3 12x36 shadowboxes as well as about 10 of the 24 x 24s.
He also added a shadowbox to a 24 x 36 frame I already had on hand.
I am looking forward to painting that one!
I cut canvas today, I am so grateful I purchased a new roll as I started to pull from it as well. 
I'm going to be busy for a long time, stretching and painting them white.
Much less painting the actual paintings!
I'm also trying to work on the children's book each day, nibbling away at the tasks at hand. 
Adding to the confusion, is a 3-D submarine set design for summer surge at the church!
(Big enough for 4 people.)
Due to be installed NEXT Sunday!
There will be a LOT of photos of that set!
Almost every year, my 100 days has had the challenge of Summer surge added to the craziness that is my life here in Fairhope, Alabama. I've had the opportunity to do a rainforest with a talking mask, A cartoon town with superheros and a fold out mad scientist lab, and a drive in theater, complete with cars and a diner! There have been lifeguard chairs, and tiki rooms too! 
So fun! I love my church and it is worth all the hard work that goes into making each of these designs. The best part is I usually get to run with whatever my ideas are at the time!
And sometimes I must realize that my ideas are too much to do by myself!

Beyond intelligence, Acrylic on canvas, 15x30
Day 7 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment