Thursday, July 16, 2020

Fly away II



Fly away II is another in the Hardi bord series.
I am really enjoying painting them and looking forward to offering them up as outdoor art.
This background though!
The afternoon I was doing this major pour, my husband decided to come and see what was happening in the studio. 
I had several pieces going at once,stacking some higher so they pour onto the next level of pieces.
I am trying to be a good steward of my money that God gives to me for my use.
Anyway, there was a couple of them that managed to get drops of 
paint on them instead of the flow I was trying to achieve.
In comes the mister, and he decides the drops look like turtles, 
especially after he manipulates the paint.
I did not discover this until a couple of hours later and was kind of upset with him.
Don't they look cute?
I'm not going for cute here honey.
Please don't do it again.
(I'm sure he will just to be funny. It's a good thing I love him!)
Anyway, I decided to add a larger turtle on top, making the smaller ones 
look like they're deep in the water.
The person that purchases this one, gets a collaborative piece!

We also took apart the submarine today, it hurt not being able to save parts of it, 
but I'm running out of room in storage!

Fly away II, Acrylic on Hardi , 10 x 10
Day 18 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment