Friday, July 3, 2020

The Wisdom is in the eyes II


Good grief!
I am much better with a brush than a computer!
Last night, it was the internet being down that was the issue.
So, I just posted to Facebook.
Tonight, when I am trying to sign in to blogspot, there is an account under my gmail account. After a lot of confusion on my part, I realized that google was trying to sign me in under my gmail account. It was all VERY frustrating! I managed to keep my cool and finally realized the problem was the gmail address. When I put in my original address under MSN, here we are!
This was after calling Mediacom about my internet issue. They have made an appointment for next Wednesday, but I asked the young lady on the phone if the modem was the issue since the automated system could not contact the modem. She said possibly and I then asked may I take it to the Mediacom center and trade it out? (It has been cutting in and out for weeks now!) She said she would put that ticket in and off we went to mediacom after I battled with the cord situation under my desk. I picked up a new modem, brought it home, figured out how to sign it in, delete the old one, and connect. I'm sure glad that's done!
(I'm keeping the appointment just in case there's another issue!)

Anyway, yesterday I had someone contact me about the first turtle I posted with a colored eye. She happened in on a thread I was involved in about art. She contacted me through messenger, and I gave her my direct phone number so we could just text that way. After making arrangements, she came to the studio and fell head over heels in love with him. 
She purchased him!Oh my!
Again God shows up, giving me my greatest desire!
I want to really be the best possible artist I can become, and through prayer and dedication to my craft, I am getting there. I read somewhere that it takes ten thousand hours to become a master at something. I figure I'm at about 7,000 now.
God really does want to give us the greatest desires of our heart, and he is really revealing himself to me as of late! I am continuing to sing His praises!

I have not heard from Alfred for the past couple of days.
Apparently, the electricity is down and his phone was dead.
Not surprising, we lost power several times when we were there last year. The electricity is spotty at best. The internet and cell phone service is not much better. Fortunately, it is their winter, so it is not terribly hot. Anyway, I expect to talk with him tomorrow on the 4th of July. Just another day for them in Zimbabwe.


The intelligence is in the eyes.
My husband has been pushing me for some time to add colored eyes to my sepia pieces.
I tried two turtles last fall, adding them to my Big Fish Trading Company inventory. They sold rather quickly, and the gallery owner wants more to come. I could not find my inventory sheets from the gallery, so I asked her to send me photos of them. She had told me she sold 4 of the 24x24s the last week of June. She then sold one of my largest pieces to date on the 30th, 
a huge piece (for me) measuring 43 x 67 inches. 
An odd size, yes!
You see, they are part of a large amount of stretcher bars we picked up from habitat for humanity when they gave them away! I have enough for three of the big ones eventually. In the meantime, Amy wants creatures with painted eyes..........
And I am happily creating here at the Raccoon Retreat studio here in Fairhope.
I am resting on the fact that my Father in Heaven loves me and I love Him!
Here we go!
Computer repaired, roll of canvas purchased, internet up, pool surviving with gorilla tape, 
husband wood turning in his own studio!
He sold 5 Prayer bowls today!

"The intelligence is in the eyes"octopus "The Wisdom is in the eyes II" turtle both 24 x 24
Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, Days 4 & 5 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment