Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Fly away!



Fly away is another in the Hardi bord series.
I am kinda enjoying them, getting the images just so for the new outdoor pieces.
However, what I did not enjoy today was the official cancellation of the 
Annual National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama, October 8th-11th.
This is one of my favorite shows, and this year was going to be a surprise!
I was going to have a double booth, one side for my marine art, 
the other would've been a display of nothing but steampunk art.
There's always next year....

Do me a favor please............
WEAR a mask!
My brother had a scare Sunday, calling me to tell me that he was sick 
and the doctor had tested him for Covid.
I prayed Monday, Tuesday, and all day today.
Fortunately his test came back negative, but there have been false negatives before.
He is exhibiting a lot of the symptoms, but so far so good.
If he is not better tomorrow, he plans to go to the doctor again, 
I only pray they test him again too (he has too many symptoms pointing straight to the virus!)
Anyway, this is one of our stresses this week.
Our Governor just today mandated a mask in all businesses 
and gatherings of 10 or more people.
This is NOT about taking away your liberty, it is about protecting everyone
around you. Walmart has now mandated masks in all their stores as well.
Please for those with compromised immune systems, COPD, 
the elderly and many other illnesses, just wear one!
I know my husband and I do!

MY main concern is lack of income for the next few months.
With the ANSFestival cancelling, I'm sure others will be following shortly.
Typically this time of year, we have 5 shows, 
with minimal travel to both Florida and Mississippi as well as our local festivals.
I am anticipating all of these cancelling as well.
I will continue to paint, even though it will be difficult to focus.
I do still have galleries that are selling, although both one woman shows have cancelled.
I will need to supply the galleries and the local collectors that come my way!
There are a couple of things new on the horizon.
I will be starting a collection of art that will be offered online in print form.
They will include both marine and steampunk pieces!
I will be building my website soon as well with ability to purchase online.
Look for this exciting adventure to start very soon, just in time for fall decorating, 
Christmas decorating and gifts.

New horizons, new challenges, new art!
All coming your way very soon!
Thanks for keeping up with me and my crazy artist life.

Fly away! Acrylic on hardi bord, 10 x 10
Day 17 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment