Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Big Blue



My goodness what a day!
Lots of things accomplished in the studio.
I painted this morning, and while waiting for this guy to not be so tender, worked on other projects.

Summer surge for our church will be a large project this week for sure!
The submarine is coming along nicely, with me building the framework for the front end last night. Today found me grabbing cardboard form my scraps and making a large porthole for the front of the sub. It is quite dimensional and will be a neat addition to the front end. I also used a clear tray from one of our first Wednesday services to give it the glass effect, but painted it black so as to enhance the look. Next came the pie containers I've been saving for a project and this is perfect. The three containers will become 6 smaller portholes on the front and rear. (they have awesome detailing on them already!)
God is pushing my talent further, with a lot of engineering and 3 dimensional thinking.
I guess it is working, because while we were having lunch, I noticed something about our boxes that the sandwiches came inside. As Chris finished his meal, I asked for the box, combining it with my own and back to the studio I went.
A little cardboard, leftover poster board, paint, and hot glue and we now have one of our control panels for the sub!
45 minutes and done! I then took the scraps of poster board and made a monitor panel that can be glued to the inside panels. 
This project is really proving to be fun, interesting, and stretching my imagination to the limits.
I love days like this, when I get tremendous amounts of tasks completed.
Thanks Holy Spirit for throwing ideas at me almost faster than I can complete them!

After a couple of hours doing these projects, I went back to the Heron and completed him.
I  put him and the next one on 27 x 27 shadowbox canvases in order to 
complete a few to take to Big Fish Trading company later this week. 
Amy will have several to choose from when I go there!
I am still in amazement that I get to play and finally make some money 
after several dry months of no shows to go and sell from.
God is so good!

This evening after a leftover dinner. I went back to the submarine project.
I worked on the rear tonight, listening to gospel music and allowing my mind to wrap around this fantail.
The sub will be quite large, over 6 feet tall and about 12 feet long on the "inside" the overall length is about 16 feet!
I am using framework given to me by another artist to hold everything together. Just praying the theory works, and we don't have to have a tent frame in the back to hold it all up!
Flying by the seat of my pants on that one, letting the Spirit pull me along for the ride!

Big Blue, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 27 x 27 inches
Day 9 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment