Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Babies on parade


Babies on parade.

Today was an interesting day for sure!

I painted this early this morning. 

We then headed out to pick up the show in Mississippi from the Audubon Center. Chris and I stopped to get lunch on the road, then fought the gauntlet of travel that is I-10 West bound. I have no idea what has gotten into people, driving like maniacs with no manners whatsoever.

We got to Mississippi in one piece, and I settled into the gallery space, chatting with people as they came in. The garden group put on the refreshments, and I grabbed a cookie. There were no more people coming into the gallery, so we started packing up at 2:15. We finished and loaded up in 30 minutes flat. It sure is faster taking down than loading into a show. I've also been asked to come back again, much to my delight. Next year's show will be in August and September again. Only this time, there will be three artists hopefully. (Keeping it all in the family of course!) I am excited to put into plan the next show. It's going to be epic!

On the way home, I wanted to rehang my space at the Hello! gallery here locally. My sweet husband said that would be better than trying to do it in the morning before leaving for the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores. I had planned to meet the gallery owner at 9:30, rehang the space in time for artwalk, then head to the show. It really was much easier to do it tonight and I have two crab paintings in color to take to the show.

Tonight I have to load in inventory for the gallery, so I guess I'd better get at it!

Babies on parade, Acrylic on canvas, 4 x 24 inches

Day 99 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment