Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Another day?


As you can see, these are unfinished pieces.
Still needing their erasing, varnishing, framing, and hanger.
But I am 5 days closer to completion.
I was supposed to complete the 100 paintings today.
This brings me to numbers 92-96.
4 more to go!
One painted last night, then the other 4 during a hard day's work.
I enjoy these small works, as they are an affordable alternative to the large pieces I create.
I painted, because I stayed home today instead of staying with my dad in the hospital.
He told me yesterday to go to the show, and how much he appreciated how much time I spent with him.
But again, God's plan....

Dad did have his surgery today.
I was told by his nurse that he did well, and cardiologist said they got to do what they needed.
His cardiologist has yet to call me to tell me how it went.
I only know because I was proactive in chasing down information.
I painted rather than wasting the day doing nothing.
Plus, it helped keep my mind from racing thoughts about my dad, the weather, and the show.

About the show....
Yesterday afternoon I had been reading about large amounts of rain and wind coming in today.
I prayed the people in charge would move the show out one day, 
rather than have us set up in the nasty weather.
I was also calculating in my head how many hours it would take for us to set up the tents.
My plan was Thursday morning early (about 5 or 6am) for the opening at 10 am.
Little did I know my husband was having the same thought process about setting up Thursday!
On the way home I received an email telling us the show 
was being postponed until opening at 2pm Thursday.
No set up in 4 inches of predicted rain, and 40 mph winds!
At least set up was optional today.
If you wanted to set up today, you could.
We may head down to our campsite tonight after the system has passed through.
That way, we could get up at 5am instead of 4am for a 6 o'clock morning set up.
There were some people that took a chance though today.
I have seen too many destroyed tents and inventory to put mine at risk at this point.
Some of the ones that took a chance today did not fair very well.
My girlfriend headed down, and told me there are several flattened tents already, mangled frames, missing roofs, with inventory out in the weather.
There will be several scrambling to find tents tonight or tomorrow.
I don't have an extra one, or I would put it out there.
We sold one of my heavy tents after a storm system hit Arts and Crafts here in March of 2022.

Maybe the husband will agree to go down tonight!
Such is the Artists life, at the whim of the weather.
Proverbs 16:33 We throw the dice, but God determines where they land.
Every time we enter a show, we are throwing the dice.
God determines if it is favorable for the most part!
Favorable for my dad today, favorable for me because I got to paint!

Another day? Acrylic on wood panels, approx. 5 x 15 inches
Days 92-96 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023






 

No comments:

Post a Comment