Monday, August 31, 2020

Flamingo Tango I & II


More from the hardi bord series.
These actually already have the resin on them too!
We still have to sand the backs to get rid of drips.
We will also have to drill holes in them and apply recycled wires.
I think I may have enough copper wire to do all of them.
Finally, I will have outdoor art to offer at a show.
These are stinkin' heavy though!
Showtime in less than a month now, I am working steadily to 
create enough for galleries and my booth.
Jubilee Festival is fast approaching in beautiful Daphne, Alabama
Sept. 26 & 27, 2020
The committee is working doubly hard to make sure we have a safe and fun festival.
I have had friends that have had shows already with multiple safety features in place.
Not one has gotten ill so far.

Today I found myself in Mobile, taking the illustrations to Southern Art & Framing to get them to mount the watercolors on acid free matboard using a vacuum press.
Just as we were getting to this side of the bay, they called to tell me that they were ready.
So, back to Mobile I go in the morning.
I am anxious to see them leave my hands and arrive at the publishers safe and sound.
Book proofs coming soon.
My first job of illustrating is soon to be a reality!

Flamingo tango I & II, Acrylic on Hardi Bord, 10 x 10
Days 63 & 64 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment