Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Caretta Caretta


"Caretta caretta"
Otherwise know as the Loggerhead sea turtle.
Caretta is a latinized form of the French or Italian word caret or carette 
which historically meant turtle or tortoise.
Another dimensional piece.
So incredibly fun to design and paint.
The other part of the work to make them
, not so much!
It's all a part of the process of creating.


I spent a good bit of the morning bagging everything up to go to the show this weekend.
There are a total of seven bags ready to go.
I think I have enough to make a good show and have it be presentable.
The main reason we are going to this show is to camp again, and to set up the French wall system.
The French wall gives me a door out the back of the tent.
Not that we'll need it this weekend, but I know we need the practice setting it up.
This is the system that injured me so badly right at the beginning of setup for the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
The very first time we set it up!
I lifted a bar to put it in place and the bracket slid down and bit me hard.
I let out such a deep moan that someone about 20 feet away asked if I was okay.
I held it tight, thinking blood was going to spurt if I let it go.
After a few seconds I released it and saw the blister.
It didn't break the skin!
Thank you Lord!
It raised a nasty blood blister that I can still feel the scarring underneath the skin.

It's going to be a busy three weeks ahead!
Multi canvas pieces and many shadowboxes are on the way.
Meanwhile, I'll paint at this show a few birds while waiting for crowds that will probably be rather light.
Always working so I don't get antsy.
It also helps to build inventory too!

"Caretta Caretta" Acrylic on wood, 18 inche round
Day 79 0f the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

 

No comments:

Post a Comment