Thursday, September 10, 2026

Scourge of the deep II


Another day, another painting.
Scourge of the deep II
I frequently will paint opposite companion pieces.
This is one of those companion works.
It was a delight to paint.

Chris and I marked and repacked the wall parts along with the tent.
Show season is marching ever closer and we are getting things ready.
I am in full blown show mode, painting for hours each day.
I am really enjoying the process.
The first show will find us this time next week at Gulf State park in preparation for Freedom Festival.
Set up is on Friday, but we are going on Thursday to relax some before the set up the next day.
The show is at the wharf and is in a parking lot.
The show is Saturday and Sunday.
It is a hot show because of this.

Our son and daughter in love are coming to camp with us. 
Their campsite is next to ours, so we can spend time with each other when I'm not at the show.
Of course I'll be painting at the show as well.
The plan is to set up Friday and have dinner together that night.
We don't have plans yet for Saturday night, but I'm sure they'll fall into place.

I'm setting up several paintings ahead, getting them ready for painting.
The sailfish in particular is tricky, because his spear is delicate.
There are parts that have to be glued in place.
Also, the blocks that hold up the dimensional cutwork piece have to be glued and nailed into place.
 Then they have to be glued to the background round after the round is painted.

Today is done for now.
I'm getting ready for the night and rest.

Scourge of the deep II, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16 x 16
Day 73 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

 

No comments:

Post a Comment