Friday, September 11, 2026

A big catch


"A big catch"
I really enjoy painting big game fish.
Several years ago, the sepias were in their infancy,
I was commissioned to paint several sailfish that would be given as prizes.
They wanted to give the paintings instead of their reels, as the reels were expensive.
It was my absolutely largest painting job ever.
The company was the Italian made reel called Everol.
I was honored to be a part of the project, and I even got paid for it!
It was so exciting at the time.

I opened up my inventory that I had in the studio today.
Surprisingly, I have several pieces that will help fill the booth at the Freedom Festival.
We set up for the Festival next week on Friday.
It promises to be a hot one, but I'll be painting and will push through.
I can't believe show season is starting up again so soon.
It just seems like last month that I was making the swing into Florida for three shows.
Which by the way, the entries for several shows in the spring are already out.
It's a never-ending cycle of enter, wait, pay, and pray!
I've even got reservations for camping near a show in Florida for May of next year.
A lot of work, for a lot of fun and most times profitable.
Life here at the Raccoon Retreat studio is humming along.
Thanks for coming with me!

"A big catch", Acrylic on wood, 19 inches
Day 74 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment