"Traffic Jam"
This one still needs to be traced off, transferred, painted on the edges, erased, varnished, and wired.
Still a lot to do before I can pack this one away!
I have started following a wonderful group of divers on Facebook that leave
cameras in the ocean and just swim away.
They retrieve the cameras and they have wonderful action videos made by all the fish, whales, dolphins, and of course sea turtles.
I had forgotten how noisy the sea was until I started watching.
Whales calling, fish chirping, coral eaters crunching, shrimp snapping their claws are all things you can hear underwater.
Turtles don't make any sounds though.
They communicate by touch and sometimes by attempted bites.
A noisy, beautiful live action film!
I love to see the sea turtles come into the cleaning stations to have the
fish remove dead skin and parasites from their bodies.
They actually get upset with each other if someone cuts in line.
So fun to watch.
I love the ocean and hope you do as well.
I really want to go snorkeling somewhere that I can immerse myself in the noisy activity of the sea!
I want to see the live corals, hear the fish and whales, but most of all I want to see my beloved turtles.
Maybe I can go there in my dreams tonight!
Traffic Jam, Acrylic on multiple canvas, 36 x 60
Day 89 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment