Thursday, July 11, 2013

Queen of the Sea


          Queen of the Sea is a beautiful reminder of the upcoming Fall Show Season for me on the coast. I have been fortunate enough to be this years winner of the National Shrimp Festival poster contest. Queen reminds me of the poster because this year, the artwork features mermaids as well as shrimp. The festival is a large outdoor show put on by the Gulf Coast Chamber in Gulf Shores, Al  It  is held in mid-October and features artists from all over the country. I already have my acceptance letter in hand for the show, so my booth is scheduled to be there.  This will mark my 7th year having a space and I am more excited than ever to be part of this annual event.

          Things are really speeding up this summer. I cannot believe it is already July, much less after the 4th! Time is a precious commodity for me now as it does not seem to slow down or be enough on hand. Before I know it, the fall will be here with Jubilee Festival (Sept) Daphne, Grand Festival (1st weekend in Oct) Fairhope, Al, National Shrimp Festival (2nd weekend in Oct) Gulf Shores, Al, and Peter Anderson (1st weekend in Nov) Ocean Springs, Ms. More shows may be added as the weeks go by! I love living here on the coast.....The sea takes me back to being me!

Queen of the Sea, Watercolor on paper, 12 x 30

No comments:

Post a Comment