Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Trixie gone Wild and More!









          One of the things I absolutely Love about Art Camp with children is the freedom of expression it gives me. The other thing I love is my dachshunds. This painting combines the two! I try to do really fun and crazy projects with the kids and this was no exception. We all drew whimsical pieces based on photos I brought. We then added lots of color in a freestyle way. Blacks and little details were added next and Trixie gone Wild was the result.
  
            So much fun creating with the kids!

"Trixie gone Wild" Acrylic on paper 12x 16



          "Swift" was painted while at lunch at the museum. I took advantage of the break from teaching last week to paint another turtle. Another in the sepia series, this one only adds to the works that will be presented this fall. (If it makes it that far, sometimes they are purchased rather quickly!).

"Swift" 12 x 12 Acrylic on canvas, Day 10 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2013


          "Southern Magnolia" was painted with the Plein Air group at the museum last week. This truly is one of my favorites to come out of this class. The kids enjoy painting "en plein air" and this is our third (maybe fourth? ) year to offer it for the older children. They really get a new found respect from this class because of the somewhat harsh conditions offred up while painting outside. Bugs, dirt, transporting supplies, sunburns, discomfort, thirst, and sweat running down your back are just some of the problems presented while "Outside in the Air"

"Southern Magnolia" watercolor on paper 12 x 16 , Day 11 of the 100 days


          "Love" This one was designed for the group of kids painting at the Church Art camp this week at Celebration Church. I love painting fun and colorful pieces. Teaching children allows me to do just that! I am always amazed at how much fun can be had by just putting paint on a canvas!

   "Love" 16 x 20 Acrylic on canvas, day 12 of the 100 days






No comments:

Post a Comment