Monday, August 31, 2015

Craziness Reigns Supreme Here!


Frozen in Time

I was fascinated as a child by the fossils in museums. 
I loved the way they basically turned into rocks! That is probably why this photograph appealed to me so much! Measuring 24 x 24, this painting took a while, but was still finished in a day!
Lots of stippling, layering and glazing.

"Frozen in Time" 24 x 24 Acrylic on canvas, painting 21 of the 100


Hawksbill cigar box

This past weekend was a weekend for turtles! Friday night I got an All Call from Share the Beach because one of the nests was very active! I jumped into clothes, and drove an hour to the beach. Upon arriving there were several of the team there already, but the nest had fallen silent. We waited for a while and members started drifting off to homes. I waited until 11pm , but had to go home. My walk for turtles was the next morning and I had to get up at 4:45. MY walk on the beach that morning was gorgeous and the last walk of 2015. We patrol the beaches in Alabama every day from May through August. I walked almost every Saturday. So this was the second trip to the Gulf of Mexico in 12 hours. Saturday night, at 10 pm I got another All Call saying there was a depression at the top of the nest. So back I ran to the beach again! Trip #3 in 24 hours. By the time I arrived, 48 of the little  creatures had quickly escaped their sandy abode and the nest was silent. there are 32 more in there and we will excavate them Tuesday. Oh well, the things we do to save the planet!

I am burning through the cigar boxes, I promise! I don't know how many are left, but I have GOT to be finished with them soon!
Painting 22 of the 100 days for Friday





 Two more boxes on Saturday! 
Paintings 23 & 24 of the 100 days



Two more boxes on Sunday!
Paintings 25 & 26 of the 100 days



This is what happens when you panic paint! 3 more boxes today for Monday. I really must get back to the real artworks and not the fun stuff! 
It's been an interesting weekend to say the least!
Paintings 27, 28, & 29 of the 100 Days



No comments:

Post a Comment