Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Mighty Octopus


Today marks the end of the 100 days~100 paintings for 2017.
It has been an adventure, completing this odyssey of art, with life frequently getting in the way. 
I have traveled to NYC for the first time. 
I have sat with a turtle nest for a couple of days. 
I taught multiple Art camps on both sides of the bay. 
I taught two courses for ESILL, making many new friends along the way.
I purchased a new tent with proceeds from my first fall show.
With the rest of the Gulf coast, we have weathered  several hurricanes.
All the while, creating, creating, creating.

I have enjoyed reading your comments, and seeing your reactions on Facebook. Your reactions have given me great joy, knowing that what I manage somehow to create is also loved by others familiar with the sea. Thanks to all for following and sometimes purchasing the pelicans, crabs, turtles, dolphins, sharks and alligators. 

Tomorrow we pack and set up for the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama. 

This however is not the end of the story for 2017.
 This year I have galleries that are selling, and I am being approached by others wanting to carry my works. My goals have not all been met though, I still want and need representation in Mississippi and Florida.

The adventures will continue, although maybe not posting every day!

The Mighty Octopus, Acrylic on multiple canvases
2~12 x 12s, 2~12 x 24s, 1~12 x 36 total painting approximately 3 ft x 5 ft
Day 100 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment