Monday, July 2, 2018

The beginning


               I am sitting here typing this, and yet, I cannot comprehend that another year has passed since I began this wonderful journey of daily paintings. I actually began this blog on July 1, 2009 with Middle Bay lighthouse. There have been 900 paintings so far, and this year will bring me to a thousand pieces of art on the blog. I have created numerous pieces more than this, dear reader and I am still amazed that I get to create art for a living! 

Today marks the 183rd day of the year, with 182 before and 182 after.  The exception is a leap year.
It is also 100 days before the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama in mid October. Today also happens to be our youngest daughter's birthday and I have had a long day of reflection, listening to Classic Bollywood music on Pandora. Indian music is beautiful, diverse, and lively. 
This day has been long, creating and stretching shadowbox canvases. These canvases have become something I am known to carry, and my collectors eagerly anticipate the new years crop. 

This year has been filled with adventures too numerous to count! Wait listed for our local Arts & Crafts Show in Fairhope, Alabama, I got in at the last minute and ended up having a pretty great show despite the rain. Speaking of rain, we had a wet spring with several shows lasting only one day because of weather. I've lost money, I've made money, but most of all, I've had fun creating, selling and going to new places! I finally made a large swing into Florida for two nationally ranked shows during late April and into May. I must say they were amazing and we plan to return next year if juried into them. All of this was done with my sidekick and husband of almost 40 years. Chris also had his first show with me on Dauphin Island with his wood turning. He supports me by building canvas frames and is also a pretty awesome builder of campers for us! The Florida trip was highlighted by the first trip made in our new Gypsy wagon. Gypsy Gal proved to be extremely comfortable and really a great conversation starter! I've also been fortunate to have been selected as this year's National Shrimp Festival Poster winner for Gulf Shores as well. My year has been busy with another rather large project that has been almost 2 years in the negotiating and creating! Officially completed in April of this year, I can't wait to let the cat (or should I say fish) out of the bag!
More on this later, hopefully before the National Shrimp Festival in October. 

This 100 days will prove to be interesting to say the least!
Our youngest daughter is having her first baby in September and I will be traveling to India for a month! This will be during the 100 days~100 paintings 2018. So I will be blogging from 
New Delhi, India! I am also teaching this summer for 2 more art camps. I've already completed 4 weeks of fun, fun, fun! So needless to say, there may be some children's projects sneak in here as well! I am also giving away another painting to a lucky winner valued at $195.00 or less
after I am finished!

Are you ready?

100 days~100 paintings 2018 is about to begin!
Octopus fun! 12 x24 $175.00 Acrylic on canvas,
Day 1 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

1 comment:

  1. I love your devotion to everything you set your mind to!

    ReplyDelete