Saturday, July 28, 2018

The juvenile


My mind is racing these days. 
There is so much to do, and very little time to do it all in!
I really just want to throw up my hands and forget it all, but then I realize that there are people depending on me to get things done. 
And so I do what needs to get done.
Cleaning up the studio, putting away art camp supplies and examples until 
the next round of kiddos crosses my path. Setting up, hanging and photographing a tent, 
then putting it all away. 
Going through box after box of  items for the coming baby in India.
Starting to pack for my trip to India. There is so much to bring for the baby, 
Christina, and for me clothes to wear. 
I will be there for a month, hoping to make it in time for the birth. 
I am supposed to be two weeks early, but Christina seems to think the baby will come earlier. 
Here's hoping I make it in time!
I'm beginning to wonder if there are advantages to being a turtle. 
Carrying your home with you everywhere you go.
Never a change of clothing needed because it is all with you. 
No need to change.....
Hmmmm......
Could be kind of boring too, wearing the same thing all the time.
No chance for individuality. 
The things you think about when you are folding a mountain of baby clothes.

The Juvenile, acrylic on shadowbox canvas 16 x 16.
Day 27 of the 100 days~100 paintings  

1 comment: